We have been receiving some reports from users of a
transport error when trying to connect Jetpack on their site. The error looks like:
[IXR -32300: transport error: http_request_failed transfer closed with 42 bytes remaining to read]
We are currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, if you are receiving this error (or a similar error), the following workarounds may help you connect:
- Temporarily disable compression on your server. Then try to connect Jetpack.
- If it still doesn't work, try temporarily disabling PHP-FPM on your server. Try again to connect Jetpack.
If you are unsure of how to do any of the steps above, you can contact your host for help.
If you are still unable to connect, please use Jetpack's Debugger module to send us some more information about your site. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the Jetpack page in your dashboard.
- Click on Help tab in the upper right side of the page and click the link for "Jetpack Debugging Center".
- Click the link that says "click here to contact Jetpack support."
- Fill in the description box and your name and email address.
- Click the Contact Support button.
It would also be helpful if you could create a php file that contains the following line of code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Then upload it to your site, and provide us with the URL.
This will help us sift through your PHP settings and diagnose any issues that may be preventing Jetpack from connecting. You can find more information about it here: